Becky over at Suburban Matron had a clever post today about “dating herself” — a sort of “remember when” montage about how things used to be. I’ve decided to copy her shamelessly, so here’s how old I am:
- I used to do research in the World Book encyclopedia.
- As children, my best friend and I couldn’t bring videos to one another’s houses. I had VHS, she had Betamax.
- I remember when it was called “Japanimation.”
- In ninth grade I had a huge crush on Leonardo DiCaprio. In his role as troubled teen Luke Brower on Growing Pains.
- I can remember when you could pick up any remote control and operate it with no prior tutelage.