I’ve been meaning to post this recipe for a couple of weeks now, ever since my friend Becky asked for it. It’s my go-to stir fry: easy, flexible, and (I think) delish. The critical elements are the pineapple, soy sauce, and cornstarch; everything else can be adjusted to suit your family’s taste.
- 1 pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 box mushrooms
- 2 carrots
- 2 20 oz. cans pineapple chunks
- 2-4 3.5 oz. packages of crab (depends on taste)
- 1 heaping spoonful constarch
- soy sauce to taste (I use a lot)
- family size pack saffron rice
- Make rice and set aside.
- Chop vegetables into large chunks, season liberally with soy sauce, and saute. You want to start with the harder veggies, like carrots, and give them a bit of a head start. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Drain pineapple and reserve juice.
- Mix heaping spoonful of cornstarch into juice.
- Add pineapple chunks and juice mixture. Season with more soy sauce. Cook until liquid reduces into a sauce.
- Stir in crab and serve over saffron rice. Ta-da!
This recipe serves about 4-5 adults, and is ready in about 20 minutes.